Yasuo Talks About Love and Relationships
Yasuo is a Japanese student from Hiroshima and attends Hiroshima University. Since he spent several years living in the United States, his English is very good. At university his major is linguistics and he is a second year student, so he still has several years of study before he graduates.
In this interview Yasuo talks about friends, love and relationships. Like most young people, he is not sure when he will get married, or what kind of person he wants to marry. Listen to what he has to say about some of his past relationships, including a girl he dated while he was in the United States, and compare his stories with some of your own experiences. Also pay close attention to what he thinks about what men and women want in life, and see if you agree or disagree with his opinions.
Here are some questions to think about before you listen to the interview:
- What kind of questions would you ask Yasuo if you could?
- Do you think Yasuo can speak English so well because he studies hard or because he lived in the United States, or both?
- Do you want to get married? When?
- How would dating a foreign person compare to dating someone who is the same nationality as you?
- What do you think men want in life? What do women want?