Dan Talks About Music
Dan is from Maryland in the United States, where he studies at the University of Maryland. His major is Japanese language and he has come to Japan to improve his Japanese skill. Dan feels that some people who study Japanese at his university don't learn enough to communicate, so he decided to come and study in Japan.
Aside from studying, Dan enjoys music most of all. He not only likes listening to music, but playing music as well. His favorite kind of music jazz, and he plays the drums. In this interview he talks about his experiences with the Jazz Club at Hiroshima University, as well as the people he met during his time in Japan. Listen to what he says about the Jazz Club and see if what he talks about sounds like what you know about university clubs. Also pay attention to what impressed Dan about the other musicians he met in the club.
Here are some questions to think about before you listen to the interview:
- What questions would you ask Dan if you could?
- Do you think that studying in another country is the best way to learn a foreign language?
- Where do you think Dan learned to play drums, in school or by himself?
- Do you know anything about jazz? What kind of music do you like?
- Do you think Dan has learned to play any other instruments besides drums?