Kjersti Talks About Living In Japan
Kjersti worked in Tokyo, as a hostess in a small club in Roppongi. This interview is about her life in Japan and her experiences working as a hostess.
She decided to work as a hostess in Japan because she enjoys meeting people. She heard that it is possible to make a lot of money, and a girl she had spoken to in Norway had told her she had enjoyed herself. Most of her customers were Japanese business men who came to relax and have a good time. Most of them spoke little English. She talks about the typical conversation she would have with customers and what she learned from her time in Japan . She felt the job atmosphere was not very pleasant, since it revolved around, alcohol, drugs, sex and money.
Here are some questions to think about before you listen to the interview:
- Have you ever visited Reppongi?
- Do you think Kjersti has a good impression of Japan?
- Would you work in, or go to a hostess club?
- What would you say to Kjersti if you met her?
- What do you think is the best way to make money?