Monica Talks About Japan
Monica was born in Romania, but has lived in Germany for many years and studies Japanese at a German university. She is in Japan at Hiroshima University to continue studying Japanese. This interview took place during the University Festival, and Monica took a break from the fun to talk about her impressions of Japan.
In this interview Monica talks about her desire to come to Japan and what she thinks about Hiroshima University. Listen to what she says about Japanese culture. She mentions some experiences with Noh, Kabuki and Taiko. She talks about some of the problems she has faced while learning Japanese. Also listen to what she thinks about many of the Japanese people she has met.
Here are some questions to think about before you listen to the interview:
- What kind of questions would you ask Monica if you could?
- Do you think it would be hard to study for a long time in another country like Monica?
- What do you suppose is the hardest part of Japanese for Monica?
- Are you familiar with any traditions of Germany or Romania?
- What might someone like Monica from Europe think of Japanese culture and people?