Johnelka Talks About Family
Johnelka is from Maryland in the United States, where she studies at the University of Maryland. She is here at Hiroshima University to study Japanese language and to experience Japanese culture. At her university she studies both Japanese and economics. Now, while she is in Hiroshima she is concentrating on improving her Japanese language skills.
In this interview Johnelka talks about her family, including her parents, brothers and sisters. Many people have someone they talk to about life, but it might surprise you who Johnelka talks to. Listen closely as she talks about each member of her family and think about how your own family might be different, or maybe similar.
Here are some questions to think about before you listen to the interview:
- What questions would you ask Johnelka if you could?
- Do you think her parents are glad that she has the chance to study in Japan?
- How would your parents feel if you went to another country to study?
- How might her family be different from your own? How might they be similar?
- How many people do you think are in Johnelka's family?